Thursday, January 13, 2022

Walking in the Fog

 January 13, 2022



When the new year began, I renewed my committment to myself to hold myself accountable to my Fitbit goal again.  10,000 steps, every day.  Because I'm a night owl, I prefer to do my walking at night, and because it's January, several nights I've been out walking have been pretty foggy.  I've always really enjoyed walking in the fog.  As cheesy as it sounds, fog was always slightly reminiscent of a hug to me, enveloping me close and tucking in around me. There is something peacefully solitary and reflective about the mists surrounding you and blanketing the world around you in a cotton candy haze. I remember being a kid on the playground at school when it was densely foggy out and thinking everything is fuzzy and magical right here in front of me, but two feet out I have no idea what lies beyond.  Out there, it didn't feel frightening or threatening--just unknown, and full of possibility.  It's like that in life too, really.  We know our lives and we see the lives we're living and the immediate path we're on, but we really just don't know as we move through the fog what we're going run into that we just can't see right now.  There are people and opportunities and experiences out there that we have no idea are out there yet, but there they are, just ahead, just out of sight, just beyond the magical haze.  The closer we get, they come into view and become part the space we inhabit.  Just keep walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment