Friday, January 14, 2022

I'm Back

 January 14, 2022


Due to the ever-evolving nature of Covid protocols at school, paired with this particularly contagious Omicron variant, I had a record number of students out last week, and then I was out this past week. Today I was finally able to return, and I got to see some students I haven't seen since before Winter Break.  As tired as I have been this year, and as frustrated as I have been with the constant shifts in--well, everything in our profession, there is nothing like the cheerful greetings of my students when I return from an absence, especially a prolonged one.  As I greeted my students in the hallway in front of my classroom door, welcoming them into the room, I heard so many of my kids turn to their friends and say, "Ms. Lutjens is back! Hey--she's here today!" before turning to me and saying, "Welcome back--we missed you!" Same, you guys.  Same. 

No comments:

Post a Comment