Thursday, January 27, 2022

Still Not Out of the Woods

 January 27, 2022

For my night job, I've been back on campus three times so far.  For the first week, I wasn't allowed on campus at all, because I had been in close contact with Nicholas, who then took a Covid test which turned out to be positive.  Within those three visits to campus, I've now gotten notified twice that I 'may have come into contact with someone who tested positive' who was in the same buildings/rooms as I was.  They have also now told us they are so far behind with contact tracing that they are essentially just sending out mass letters to people telling them if they don't feel good, they should stay home.  Two and half years in, and it's still ever-present, and we still haven't figured out how to handle it.  (This doesn't even begin to address the winter formal we held at my high school, where we had 800 students in attendance and no mask enforcement at all.  I am holding my breath to see if there's going to be a delayed fallout from that petri dish of a dance.)

No comments:

Post a Comment