Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Academy Awards Nominations!

 February 8, 2022



The annual announcement of the Academy Awards nominees happened today.  I always try to see most, if not all, of the Best Picture nominees before the awards show.  Because I haven't been in the theaters much this year, there are so many of the movies I haven't seen yet.  I have seen West Side Story, but I've got some serious catching up to do to watch the rest of the films.   Luckily, it shouldn't be too hard to see many of them on streaming platforms; I just need to map out which ones to watch first.  I am also hopeful that there will be a showing of the Oscar nominated short films.  Over the years I have been fortunate enough to catch a showing in the theaters most years, but if they stream them again as they did last year, I am willing to watch them from the comfort of my own home.  I love the big, full feature films, but there is something really mesmerizing about the animated and live-action short films.  They are usually very powerful.  I am very excited about letting these films guide my movie-watching for the next couple of months.

No comments:

Post a Comment