Saturday, February 19, 2022

Next to Normal

February 19, 2022
After yesterday's concert, Danielle and I stayed in a cute little hotel room and then made our way back to Riverside.  I dropped her off and then continued on to Lisa's house.  Lisa just bought a new house, so this would be my first time getting to stay there.  Our goal was for me to help her do some setting up and decorating at the house, but as usual we tried to pack way too much into our weekend.  We did go and pick up a bunch of household stuff that we'd won at an online auction to help add to her new household.  Then we went to see a production of Next to Normal.  It's a play that I had seen before, but Lisa hadn't, nor had Phil, who joined us.  It's a powerful but pretty heavy and dramatic play with some difficult mental health subject matter.  I'm not sure how much Phil enjoyed it--he had no idea what the play was about--but Lisa and I really liked it.  They were some talented actors, and the venue itself was intimate and comfortable.  I'm really glad we were able to go. I have really missed concerts and live theater in the time of the pandemic.

Afterward we considered going to some dance classes, but we opted instead to grab some sushi for dinner.  We found an excellent little hole-in-the-wall place that was well worth it.  Then we just decided to get back home and start putting away the auction finds.  Even though we didn't make it to the dance classes, we still felt like we had a pretty productive day.

No comments:

Post a Comment