Sunday, February 20, 2022

More Theater: Wicked

February 20, 2022
Since we didn't end up going to dance classes yesterday, we wanted to make sure we got to some today.  On today's docket were definitely some dance styles I had not tried before:  60's Go-Go dancing and Burlesque.  They were both taught by the same young woman with a great, sassy style and a fun attitude.  I loved her as an instructor.  The Go-Go class was a lot of fun and though the dance routine wasn't difficult, it was a good aerobic workout that didn't feel like work.  That's a plus in my book.  The second class took us both significantly out of our comfort zones.  I'm not so sure how sexy or sensual either of us looked or felt, but I still have to say I was pretty proud of us for branching out.  I'm pretty sure that in order for me dancing in Burlesque style to have the intended effect, I would need A LOT of practice (and even then, maybe still not so much of the intended effect).

Not long after we made plans for me to stay at Lisa's this weekend, she noticed that Wicked would be in town not too far from her.  I had also seen this musical before, but I was definitely up for seeing it again.  Lisa hadn't seen it yet.  After our dance classes, we headed to the theater-a much more regal and sophisticated one than yesterday's. The two leads in the musical really had phenomenal voices and definitely were able to make those iconic parts their own.  Such an incredible performance!  Of the three times I've seen this show, this was definitely my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment