Saturday, January 20, 2018

A Well-Deserved Weekend With Friends

January 20, 2018

After my long rally week at school, I planned to take the weekend off and just enjoy some social time.  Doug and I went up to the foothills on Friday night to scope out the place Doug's band is playing in next week.  We met up with our friends Brad and Jean and had a wonderful dinner there.  Afterward, we found a little bar up the road where they had Friday night karaoke, and we stayed until closing time, singing, talking, laughing, and having a wonderful time.

The next evening we met up with our friends Scott and Mo for a little dinner at their house.  After dinner, we played a round of Would You Rather?, which provided at least a couple of full-on belly laughs.  Then we called in their kids for a game of Left-Right-Center, which was a new one for Doug and me.  Oh my goodness, it was fun!  Plus, any game that doesn't require skill (it's a dice game), works for me, as being skilled at games of any sort is not what one would call a strength of mine.

Finally, we found out Jim was in town for the evening, and we decided after we left Mo and Scott's to meet up with him at Skyline.  Jim and I had a great conversation while watching Doug play pool, and at the end of the evening Jim asked Doug if he would be his best man at his upcoming wedding.  I could tell how much it meant to him--it was so sweet!  I am so excited for Jim and Christy, and Doug and I are excited to help out in any way we can.  I can't wait until November!

On Sunday we luxuriously slept in.  Eventually we got up, and I spent the afternoon with Grandma taking care of paperwork and trying to troubleshoot her computer issue.  (Believe me, when you need a computer fixed, I'm generally not the first person on the list.  My skills are rudimentary at best.)  However, I think I was actually able to pinpoint her issue, although I couldn't solve it today.  Looks like I'll need to head back over later in the week to try to wrap it up.

Not a terribly productive weekend, but well-deserved and needed.  Making time to spend with friends is always a good investment.

No comments:

Post a Comment