Friday, January 12, 2018

Reading Plan

January 12, 2018

One of my resolutions for this year is to do a little more reading for pleasure, now that I have finished my Master's degree.  I love to read, but it's had to take a bit of a back seat in the past two and a half years as I was working on all the reading I had to do for the program.  Weirdly, the first book I finished for the year was a business book we were given to read at work on dysfunctional work teams and how to create healthier environments.  Not the kind of book I would pick up on my own, but it wasn't bad, actually.  I tend to rotate among classics, young adult fiction (so that I can make recommendations to my students) contemporary fiction, and non-fiction.  Usually I read more than one book at a time, since my reading choice is dictated by my mood.  I'm not the fastest reader, so I'm not one who can pick up a book and polish it off in an afternoon, so my moods fluctuate as I'm progressing through a novel over the course of a couple of weeks.  Today my books of choice are Written on the Body by Winterson (a classic recommended by a friend), Out of My Mind by Draper (a YA novel by an author I actually had the privilege of hearing read from this book and meeting at a signing), and The Funny Thing Is by Ellen Degeneres (a woman I have great respect for because of her positive energy and outlook). 

No comments:

Post a Comment