Monday, January 8, 2018

Saying Goodbye for Awhile

January 8, 2018

I had my girl home for 3 weeks, and tonight she left again for Riverside to start up her second semester of college.  I have absolutely loved having her home, and I know she enjoyed being home, but she was so excited to get back to college, back to her new classes and her new-found CBU friends.  Even though I'll miss her terribly, it really does my heart good to see her so enthusiastic about her home-away-from-home.  It just underscores once again that we made the right decision in sending her to this school.  It's always bittersweet to see your kid leave for college, but this is the age where we only get to borrow them for a time here and there as they prepare to take flight on their own more permanently.  It's practice for both of us, really.  I miss her already.

No comments:

Post a Comment