Friday, January 5, 2018

Almost the End of Vacation

January 5, 2018

Well, it's that time of vacation when I have only a couple of days left and I am suddenly confronted with a sense of, "What the heck have I been doing all of vacation?" I had such a big to-do list, and as is always the case, I started out the long and lovely vacation thinking surely I would be productive and would accomplish a great many things with all two whole glorious weeks stretched out before me.  I mean, obviously I got to spend time with my wonderful kids and my husband, and got in a visit with Lisa and the girls and Laura and Sean--so of course that was time well spent.  But all the projects, the reading, the cleaning, the...well, everything...only bits and pieces of vacation was spent in service of whittling down my to do list.  So now, of course, I'm in the mad scramble of the weekend before I go back to work, trying vainly to pretend to myself that I got a lot done with all that time off.  I did make a to-do list, so I guess I can be proud that I accomplished THAT at least!

No comments:

Post a Comment